Old Pine Street Church & Cemetery

Related Posts: 

Old Pine Street Church & Cemetery

Old Pine St. Church & Cemetery was occupied by the British Army when they occupied the City of Philadelphia from September 1777 - June 1778. The British soldiers stripped the church of its pews, and used the church building as a stable and hospital. They used the cemetery as a target range to improve their marksmanship.

Make sure to check out the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour Paranormal Investigation that took place at this sacred burial ground.

Legend has it that defacing the Church and Cemetery has lead to the Brittish Soldiers who were stationed here being cursed.  Hear more about their cursed spirits in the "Story of Ghosts and Gunshots" on the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour!

Additional Information

Old Pine Street Church & Cemetery
412 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Blog Archive